Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DeskJet 2622
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi, 

I recently purchased the HP DeskJet 2622 for university. However, I am unable to connect the printer to my wireless network. There is nothing wrong with the network, as all other devices connect. The printer will not connect - this means I am unable to set up the Instant Ink programme and, now that I have run out of the ink that came with the printer, the printer is effectively useless. The only way I was able to print was through Wi-Fi Direct. I am very disappointed as I am unable to use my printer, unable to purchase ink for it (if it did work) and HP seem to make it impossible to get in contact to resolve issues. 

Does anyone have any advice? 

Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

if it is university wi-fi you should contact the university network administrator to get help. 

The printer supports only 2,4Ghz wireless, you should check with university administrator is your wireless 2,4 or 5Gzh. There might be restrictions by administrator so printers cannot connect, but devices like smartphones and laptops can. There could be more than a few reasons why are you having this issue but the university network administrator will help you. 

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.