Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Dell G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I installed a HP Deskjet 1050 on my laptop and it works. I can't install a HP Laserjet P1007 on the same laptop. I have deleted all printers and drivers and tried to  install the P1007 but the installer never get beyond 2 bars .... then I installed the Deskjet 1050 again and it's no problem. I have downloaded the latest drivers from the HP website and tried manually and also let the website do the installation but the same result - what's wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Kieran,

Have you tried with HP Smart App? You can install from Microsoft Store.

Thanks,

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post if you want to say "Thanks!"
Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel that my post solved your issue.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice - but none of the suggested solutions work. My computer just will not install any driver version for the Laserjet P1007,

HP Recommended

Hi KieranB,

I have fully understood your situation. I have left a one more advice below if you want to try.

> When you plug your printer to computer and if you see unit in device manager or see unit as unknown device

> Download your printer full software or driver from Hp.com

> Extract it with using Winrar or 7zip to file

> Open "Device Manager" and right-click to printer and select "Update Driver".

img_5c25d4dc185e6

> then select Browse my computer for driver software

hpsupport.png

> Select Browse 

hpsupport2.png

> Then find and select your printer driver folder which you have extracted.

I hope it works this time. If it does not, i recommend that you should buy a new printer which compatible with Windows 10 or your current operating system.

Thanks,

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post if you want to say "Thanks!"
Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel that my post solved your issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.