Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3050
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi. I’ve just upgraded the PC to a Windows 10 one and now the above printer - Deskjet 3050 - won’t print any PDF files from email. I can print from Wordpad. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Madasaflake

if you are able to print from another apps like wordpad and it works fine, but if you are trying to print from your email I suppose it is open from Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, if you are trying with those, you need to make sure to select the correct printer before to click on print button

Hope solve your doubts

I work on behalf of HP, regards.
Click the KUDOS thumb; up on the left to say 'Thanks' Make it easier for other people to find solutions

HP Recommended

Hi Alex

I'm new to 10 but yes, I am using Microsoft Edge and it is the only printer installed. We only set the PC up on Sunday and I installed the printer up using driver downloads as there is no disc tray. I’ve tried the scan doctor thingy on this website and also have uninstalled and reinstalled it but no luck. 

HP Recommended

I have downloaded Adobe and managed to print one PDF document from an email, then tried to do another one and it refused! I’ve been through HP scan doctor, all the troubleshooting things I can find, but no luck. I logged on to my internet banking and tried to print a statement and nothing. I even tried using wireless connection and whereas it said the printer was connected wirelessly it still wouldn’t do it. I have checked the printer is compatible and it is. Head is exploding! Any suggestions would be gratefully received but please keep them in simple speak for me. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello again. Ok, I’ve worked out how to print my PDF files by saving them and printing from there.

but I still can’t work out how to print a page from my online banking site when I’ve logged in.

any further advice would be welcome please - easy speak please!

HP Recommended

some many times, this kind issue that do not let us print from a website, can be related due to a problem with file (PDF in this case) or can be a problem with web browser we are using, have you ever try to open PDF file from your email and print from Google Chrome, Mozilla FireFox or Microsoft EDGE?

Let me know if this works with one of them

I work on behalf of HP, regards.
Click the KUDOS thumb; up on the left to say 'Thanks' Make it easier for other people to find solutions

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.