09-17-2019 11:05 PM
My HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 won’t do anything at all. It can’t connect to anything, the screen is just black, the buttons on the side of the screen are dimly illuminated but won’t do anything, and the power button light is off, and no matter how many times I press it, nothing happens. If I hold it down nothing happens. If I unplug then plug it back in nothing happens. One day my printer just went black. And it’s very frustrating because it wasn’t even a year old and it just went black. Nothing works. Can’t connect anything to it at all.
09-20-2019 11:52 AM
I suggest you do a Hard Reset on the printer
(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
Keep me posted, how it goes!
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Welcome to the HP Community.
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
09-21-2019 09:40 PM
Didn’t seem to work, I did what was told and it’s still in the same condition. The screen is barely lit black, the WiFi light is barely lit blue, along with the touch screen buttons on the side, and the power button does not do anything.
09-24-2019 03:34 PM