Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6700 Premium
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday, my printer suddenly turned off. The only way to get it to turn on and stay on for about 15 seconds is to unplug the cord. The top panel runs as does the ink, but then turns off. I can't get the power button to turn on. I don't know why it suddenly stopped working. Any troubleshooting ideas would be appreciated.

Julie

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Jules97, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you are unable to power on your printer.

Don't worry I'd like to help.

Please try the steps recommended below.

Unplug the printer to reset the external power module, plug another appliance into the wall outlet to test the power, and then reconnect the printer.
Disconnect the power module cord from the rear of the printer.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet, power strip, or surge protector.
If the printer uses a power module with a detachable power cord, disconnect the cord from the power module.
While the printer is unplugged, plug another appliance into the wall outlet, and then turn it on to make sure the outlet works.
If the wall outlet does not work, plug the printer into an outlet that does work. Do not use a power strip or surge protector.
If the wall outlet works, continue with these steps.
After the printer has been disconnected for at least 60 seconds, reconnect the power cord to the power module, if the printer uses a power module with a detachable power cord.
Plug the power cord directly into a wall outlet. Do not use a power strip or surge protector.
If the external power module has an indicator light, check the light.
If the indicator light is off, replace the power cord. To obtain a replacement power cord, go to the HP Parts Store. If the indicator light is still off when connected with a new power cord, skip to the step to replace the power module or the printer.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot printer does not power on.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps it is a hardware issue, please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Take care,            

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.