10-15-2016 08:45 AM
Please provide the following relevant information so someone can help including:
Printer Model –
Operating System of computer -
Detailed Problem Description including all network devices (extenders, switches)-
Connection Method - USB, Hardwired LAN, Wireless, Wireless Direct? -
Make and model number of router and modem? -
Error messages - on printer screen and/or computer, any blinking light patterns? –
Is the printer plugged directly into the wall outlet? If not, please explain how the power is connected.
Do you think the printer is going to sleep and can’t wake up? -
If wireless, when the problem occurs, what is the status of Blue Wireless light on printer, on, off or blinking? –
Power off printer and router. Power on router and wait 3 mins, power on printer. Does it connect to the router now? What is the printers IP address?
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
I used to work for HP but I saw the light and retired!
Printer Hint #1 - Always buy a printer with a display panel for easy configuration.
Printer Hint #2 - Always buy a printer with separate black and separate color cartridges.
Printer Hint #3 - Always buy a wireless printer with an Ethernet port for backup.
Special Note: There is a 97.2% (and increasing) chance the information you seek is in the User Guide/Manual.
10-15-2016 12:51 PM
I have closed this thread to help keep the comments timely. If you have more to add, please start a new thread. Click here if you want to learn more about how to start a new conversation/thread.
Please post in a new thread for better exposure. It may also be helpful if you posted a few more details about your computer/printer and your issues.
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!