Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
photosmart 7520

My printer won't turn off.  I pushed the power button and 10 minutes later it is still shutting down.  I read that I shouldn't turn off by unplugging, so I'm still waiting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

If you have waited 10 mins and it's still showing shutting down, the printer has "hung"

Pull the power cord and restart the printer again.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

If you have waited 10 mins and it's still showing shutting down, the printer has "hung"

Pull the power cord and restart the printer again.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

I have pulled the plug and will wait a few minutes before trying the printer again.  Thanks so much for your help!

HP Recommended

I have a HP 4635 multi-function printer.  It has  aways worked great.  A few days ago I got an error message that says:  

ERROR CODE

OX83C0000A

NOS_LOADER_APP

I depress the off button and the PC will not turn off -  I have unplugged and left unplugged  for minutes and hours.  As soon as I plug it in  it  goes right to error code.  I looked up the code and it says it relates to the ink cartridges.  They are relatively new -  I can only  reach the multi color one as they are shifted  to the far right side.  I have cleaned the ink ports and the ink cartridges area - but can only reach one.  what is  the problem and what can I do please?

HP Recommended

This answer helped me. Printer was hung up so when I pulled the plug, waited a few minutes and plugged it back in, it started up shutdown correctly. thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi there!

When we face this type of problem, we perform an electrical reset so that all static is removed from the printer and it corrects false errors:

1.- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cable from the product.

2.- Disconnect the power cable from the power supply.

3.- With the cables disconnected, press the power button for 40 seconds.

4.-After releasing the power button, plug the power cord back into the wall outlet and into the printer.

5.- Turn the printer on to complete the reset.

6.-If necessary, repeat the procedure 1 or 2 more times.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

SofiaML

I work on behalf of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.