Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 7612 Wide-mouth Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using a HP 7612 Wide-mouth printer and cannot get it to print 12 x 12.  It is not a size option when I go to print.  What do I need to do?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is your required size? 12 X 12 inches or centimeters? this is a whole difference.

Also, be aware that Custom Size printing is not supported on Windows with your printer, there are some options to try which may help and may not (Custom size paper is not supported on Windows as the product specifications indicate)

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

12 inches x 12 inches.   Any suggestions on how to work around it?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try using an alternate driver and check if that may work:

• Open the Control Panel and select Devices and Printers.
  • Right-click your printer name and then click Printer Properties.
  • Within the Ports tab, take note of the selected port for your printer and close the Printer Properties dialog.
  • Click Add Printer.
  • Click The printer that I want isn't listed.
  • Select the last option to set a local printer or a network printer with manual setup.
  • Within 'Use an Existing Port, select the same port as used by your printer and press Next.
  • Select HP from the left pane.
  • Select and locate the HP Officejet Pro K850 model from the right pane.
  • If no such model is listed, press Windows Update and allow it several minutes.
  • When the update completes and the list re-appears, the K850 printer should be listed now,
  • Complete the wizard by naming the printer as you like.
  • Right-click the newly added K850 printer and select Printing Preferences.
  • open the Paper/Quality tab.
  • Click Custom and create a new size of 12 x 12 inches,  be sure to name the created size and press the Save button, then press OK.
  • Press OK to close Printing Preferences and open it again, now the created size will be available for selection.

Now try printing a 12 x 12 inches document using the newly created size and check if that works.

Shlomi

•  

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.