Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (111 Views)

Printing A7 enveolpes

Product Name: Office Jet Pro 8710
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a Windows 7 operating system and I need to print envelopes that are 5.25 X 7.25- I believe they are also called A7.  I installed the Deskjet with no luck and I can not find the 990C.  Is this a hopeless cause or should I try something else?  Even if the answer is I can't print this size, I would appreciate the feedback so I don't continue wasting my time.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 5 (85 Views)

Re: Printing A7 enveolpes

Hi,

Which software do you use to print ? The following image shows on my loan printer which is a sister of your printer:

cust_size.png

Under Options, there is a list of pre-set sizes, move to the end, you can select Custom size and you can change to the right numbers.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (84 Views)

Thanks for the reply.  I have tried to change to the custm size and I still get the message on the printer about mismatched size.

Provost
Message 4 of 5 (75 Views)

@lorsbon

I thing the printer sensor does not detect the way you load paper. Please reload envelopes using page 20 of the following manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05048181.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Provost
Message 5 of 5 (65 Views)

Hi,

When you close the paper tray, ensure the required paper size is set for the printer.

It should prompt for paper size and type, select Custom size and Plain Paper as the type.

To create a custom size for the print driver follow the steps below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03890386

Hope that helps,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution Smiley Happy
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation