Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When my printout is finished it is not  cleared from the queue. I have to abort it myself and wait 5-10 minutes until it is done. Then I get a message "print error" or similar and the job is finally deleted from the queue. This happen 95% of the time. I have tried to reinstall the driver without success. How do I solve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ChristeREX

It could be a drivers issue. I suggest you to uninstall the drivers from the root level and then reinstall them back. Please follow the below steps to uninstall:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.

Please download and install the drivers from this link

I hope it works well. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@ChristeREX

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Deskjet 3520 e-All-in-One Printer and when the printing is over, the print job remains in the print queue. You have to wait for 5-10 minutes until it gets cleared. Then an error appears saying "print error" and the job is deleted from the queue. I read that you have reinstalled the drivers and the issue still persists. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Is there a delay while the printer responds to the print command and starts printing?
  • Did any software changes or updates happen for the printer?

Meanwhile, I did some research and suggest you to perform the following steps to troubleshoot:

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.
  • Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. This is a free tool for Windows to help resolve printing and scanning problems. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you for your support!

When the queue is empty, there is no significant delay in the printing. It has had no SW updates as far as I know. I will try your fix and come back with feedback. I have tried HP Print and Scan doctor but it does not help me.

HP Recommended

No success unfortunately. I do not think that the problem is in the printer as the queue is handled by the computer. This time, after the printout is finished, 4.22kB of 4.37kB is reported as done. The computer wrongly thinks that part of of the printout remains. Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

@ChristeREX

It could be a drivers issue. I suggest you to uninstall the drivers from the root level and then reinstall them back. Please follow the below steps to uninstall:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.

Please download and install the drivers from this link

I hope it works well. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

So far so good. After re-installing the driver, the printer worked as it should two times out of two. Thanks for the help!

HP Recommended

@ChristeREX

You're most welcome. 🙂

I'm glad to know that the suggested steps worked. Happy printing! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.