Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (235 Views)

Pro 8600 Plus will not re-install on my 2016 Macbook Pro

Product Name: Macbook Pro
Operating System: macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I am trying to install my printer onto this Macbook Pro.  I download the correct driver and it starts the install and stops att 86.4% everytime.  I have uninstalled, gone through librarys and removed all HP stuff.  Rebooting and trying again.  Still stop the installation at 86.4%.  I have left it that way for a day and it never proceeds past this point.  This Macbook was brand new in December of 2016 and I had this printer on this Mac but for some reason it stopped working.  Not sure why it won't install.  I am trying to install wirelessly but have also tried when hard wired via ethernet.  

The printer still works as it is on my network and my wife prints fine from her windows 10 lap top.  

I did have some issues with my macbook pro and I had to load my MS office again and rebuild my outlook so there is something going on that I am missing.  I can always restore but I really do not want to if I do not have to.  

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (202 Views)

Re: Pro 8600 Plus will not re-install on my 2016 Macbook Pro

@mrlaird

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out!

As I understand the printer isn't working on your Mac-OS,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you installed the latest drivers for your device?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Install the best available HP print driver and software on your Mac using Apple Software Update. Before installing the software, turn on the printer and make sure it is connected to the computer you want to print or scan from, either with a USB cable or through your local Wi-Fi or wired network.

NOTE:

Since October 2016, HP printer software packages are no longer delivered through Apple Software Update. Visit 123.hp.com to download the latest HP software for your printer. Alternatively, if your printer supports Apple AirPrint, you do not need a driver to print from your Mac or iOS device. For more information, go to About AirPrint (in English).

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (189 Views)

I have tried all of what you put in there.  I restored by Mac last night off of time machine.  I went through and removed all thing HP to include all in librarys.  I just downloaded the software and upon installing it again stopped at 86.4% and just hangs.  Still no joy.

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (184 Views)

@mrlaird

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back ;)

If the installation doesn't go through, or you cannot print, try these recommendations and procedures to troubleshoot the issue.

• Make sure your printer has a driver available: For a complete list of HP printers with drivers available through Apple Software Update, go to Printer and scanner software for macOS Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, and Mavericks (in English).

If your printer is supported but the driver failed to install, you can manually download the driver from Apple. Go to HP Printer Drivers for macOS and OS X Mavericks and later (in English) or HP Printer Drivers for OS X Mountain Lion and OS X Lion (in English) to download the driver from the Apple website.

• Make sure the Mac has latest updates installed: Run Apple Software Update to ensure your computer has the most current updates installed, then try adding the new printer queue again.

• Make sure the Mac has a connection to the Internet: Without an Internet connection, Apple Software Update cannot locate the latest print driver.

• Drivers for your printer might not release immediately after a new operating system version releases to the public: The amount of time for a driver to release can vary. Try the steps in this document again periodically to check if the driver released.

• Try using AirPrint: AirPrint might be an option if you are connected over a network. Remove then re-add the printer to the Mac, then select AirPrint, if available, from the Use or Print Using menu in the Add window.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation