Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Smart app
iOS

I just installed the HP Smart app on my iPad and was gratified to see that recognised not only our 2 inkjet printers but my laser jet 4300. So, I tried to print a 3 page document to the LJ  whilst I stood by the printer. On the iPad, the progress bar moved through pages 1, 2 and 3 and on the printer, the data light flashed but when the data light stopped flashing, nothing  happened. No pages printed! I’ll mention that there is a warning light on and a message saying that there are less than 800 pages in the cartridge.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer is too old for mobile printing and do not support a such, any supported printer by the HP Smart or the HP ePrint app is listed below, your printer is not listed to be supported by a such:

https://support.hp.com/ro-en/document/c03722645

Even if the app may detect your printer over the network it will likely fail to print as the printer do not support later network protocols to allow such mobile printing...

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer is too old for mobile printing and do not support a such, any supported printer by the HP Smart or the HP ePrint app is listed below, your printer is not listed to be supported by a such:

https://support.hp.com/ro-en/document/c03722645

Even if the app may detect your printer over the network it will likely fail to print as the printer do not support later network protocols to allow such mobile printing...

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.