Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@jfkljc

I did see your reply. The steps mentioned in my previous steps are to restart the print spooler, this will uninstall the printer driver completely and then you may try downloading the driver again. 

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Asmita:

Sadly, the suggestion did not work.

I followed your instructions carefully--the only strange thing was, when I got to the PRINTERS file. there were NO files there.

I did then restart computer and printer, and tried to print, but got the same error message as before.

Thanks for the suggestion, and I am happy to try any other suggestions you may have.

James

HP Recommended

@jfkljc

Appreciate your efforts. 

Download and run the Microsoft Uninstalled from this link and then download the printer driver. 

Keep me posted. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Asmita:

Sorry, that didn't work either. Get the same error message, roughly "Word can't print document due to printer setup." Neither did Excel print.

I decided to run Print and Scan Doctor 5.2.1. It shows my printer installed, with the Wireless address the printer shows on its screen. It also shows a printer installed HP E-print - Jet Advantage, which is fine, E-printing is all I have working now.

BUT, there are also two other printers listed as installed., the same Officejet I have, Copy 1, and Copy 2. Copy 1 just shows the printer and says it is installed--in fact all 4 printers are listed as installed, the original, the 2 copies, and the E-print one), but Copy 2 shows a wireless address close to, but not the same, as my present printer show. (The one that shows Network, that agrees with my printer says 192.168.12.152. The Copy 2 printer shows a wireless address 192.168.1.155.)

If I could "delete" those copies somewhere somehow, could that help?

Thanks so much for the help. I am still ready to try any of your suggestions, as I feel we are close.

James

HP Recommended

@jfkljc

Thanks for replying. I'd suggest you Contact HP regarding this so that they can take a remote access to help you resolve the issue. 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.