Level 2
8 6 0 14
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Question for HP Support - How about a little transparency

Samsung ProXpress m453
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Catalina has been in beta for months... released for weeks, and by far the number 1 topic in printer community posts,  yet so far no answers from HP on when this community can expect drivers for your printers.  Businesses, students and home users all impacted (in my case printing is so affected my printer is just a piece of furniture) . The only correspondence from y'all at HP is stupid unwanted merit badges and kudos for posting in the community.  GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Level 19
Level 19
79,908 79,803 9,890 21,347
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Firstly I'd like to clarify: I'm not working for any hardware or software vendor. Your printer/scanner had been working perfectly for few years or even decades and now it won't do anything or only few things because of a new Operating system.

Microsoft, Apple will never say "Warning: Using this new product, your existing hardware may NOT work at all". They only say their new products will blah blah ....They promise everything then put all the unhappiness, blames to hardware vendors.

I believe developing new products is much cheaper than supporting older products and each product must have a life cycle, it must die loudly or quietly and the Operating systems will kill our hardware quicker. Many people just upgrade for a sake of the "bleeding edge", never know and/or research what the existing investments at home will work or not.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Level 10
Level 10
3,291 3,278 313 649
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Support of old products is an interesting topic. Many older products do not have the security features that newer products. Older products tend to consume more electricity and at a certain point, one must move on. No one knew that better than Steven Jobs who had no problem cutting older technology out of new products, he was considered revolutionary by the Apple community but when other vendors take the same stance users spit venom at them. I had a customer ask about 10.15 support and HP Easy print and HP easy Admin both show support for 10.15 and the applications show a release date of at least a month ago.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation