Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

What's happening!? Still no new driver that solves this issue...

I must say this is bad customer support. Haven't been able to use my printer for one month now...

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

1. Find the folder TEMP (by default it is in the root of the C drive - C: \ Temp - if not, then you can look at the location through the environment variables or through the search))))
2. Go to the properties folder Temp
3. Go to the Security tab
4. We change (or rather add) the Users group to - Full access.

HP Recommended

No...This doesn't solve anything. I've tried that and everything else. The issue lies in the driver that doesnt support Windows 10 version 1809!

HP Recommended

This method helped me.

HP Recommended

You either have another printer or you don't have Windows 10 version 1809.  Both me and the OP have tried what you said and everything else! Nothing works. As I said the problem is that the drivers are outdated and dont comply with this newer Windows version.

Customer support seems to ignore the issue...

HP Recommended

I have to agree with Cyran here, it seems on the latest Windows build these drivers symply don't function, throwing illegible protection faults. I don't believe a reinstallation or anything fixes that (and it does not for me either).

HP Recommended

@Cyran wrote:

You either have another printer or you don't have Windows 10 version 1809.  Both me and the OP have tried what you said and everything else! Nothing works. As I said the problem is that the drivers are outdated and dont comply with this newer Windows version.

Customer support seems to ignore the issue...

I found a way to fix this failure.

All you have to do is to modify the port of the printer and add manually its ip so windows could find it.

Control panel > Devices & printers > Right Click > printer properties > ports > add port (standard tcp/ip port) 

Add the printer ip address. (you can check it at the printer's wireless configuration)

Configure port > uncheck SNMP status.

And you're done.

Hope it helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.