Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimDirt
Level 2
19 11 1 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: HP Deskjet 2132 Update just started popup that says "Access Denied" in Windows 10

I am still having the same "Access Denied" error popping up  , the issue has not resolved , i have tried reinstalling Printer , and i just did a driver (manually from the HP website) install , it says the software installed  , but i still get the error , as well as it wants me to connect a "new device" , like its not recognizing the printer , but it is recognizing it in the software setup , it identifies the printer , then when you click next , it wants to "Add a New Device" , the only other option is to "Skip installing new device and set it up later" , which makes no sense

If i go to the Printer software and go to "Update" (after i just installed the driver again) and click Update , the popup shows up saying Access Denied  , and as i mentioned before  , no "Error Report" in Windows shows up about this error , so its self genrating , as it does not seem to be any kind of Windows Error , it is strictly related to HP and the Printer or the software itself causing this

Any other ideas as to why this error keeps popping up and the software will not Update ?? , as it gives the error every time , even after i downloaded and installed the driver from your website (just a few minutes ago) , so its not recognizing the update was installed , and even if it did , it still gives the Access Denied error .....The printer prints and seems to function as it should  , its just the stupid error popup and the fact that i can't even manually update anything for it ,  weather there is a "new" driver or not , it should still TRY to update , then either say there is no new driver , or that there is a new driver , so i can install it

Any help would be appreciated with this  , as i have tried everything else suggested without results ..... Thanks .... Jim

5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,036 19,024 1,262 1,922
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: HP Deskjet 2132 Update just started popup that says "Access Denied" in Windows 10

@JimDirt,

I am responding on behalf of @sandytechy20 as he is out for the day. It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I recommend you follow the below steps to disable the pop-up and check.

• Under Settings in the Message Center in the HP Printer Utility.
  • Turn off Display HP Alerts.

If the issue persists then please review the following steps and check if that helps:
  • Open the Devices and Printers folder, right-click the HP printer, and then select Properties.
  • Click the Device Settings tab.
  • In the Installable Options section, set Printer Status Notification to either Enable or Disable.
  • Click OK.

Figure (example
    ) : Enable or disable Printer Status NotificationsThe following conditions describe the possible situations that can enable or disable the Printer Status Notification setting in the driver's Device Settings properties.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
JimDirt
Level 2
19 11 1 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can't find anything anywhere that resembles what you posted  ,  , can you direct me to where the settings are you posted , as i can't find anything in the Device Manager for the printer aside from Driver File Names , etc. , nothing that allows you to set updates or anything else  , it is not in the HP Printer Assitant , nor anywhere else i could find that was related to the printer

Thanks .... Jim

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,165 2,411
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JimDirt,

I read the post. Thanks for the update. It is great to have you back and your efforts are greatly appreciated. As @The_Fossette is out for the day, I am responding on his behalf.

• Do you know what update caused it?

For now, try these steps:

Check if it gets fixed. if it continues, then try these steps to uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers at the root level by following these steps:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • Restart the PC again.

Then download the latest full feature driver from https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-deskjet-2600-all-in-one-printer-series... and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.

Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer. This should fix it for you.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
JimDirt
Level 2
19 11 1 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have already done those steps previously and the issue remains the same , even after reinstalling the software , it took about 3 days , and the error popped back up  , it does it randomly every few days , sometimes its a week in between , sometimes only a few days  , it seems to be a error from within the software itself , as i do not get any kind of error in Windows Event Viewer , there is no error with HP or any HP Driver within Windows itself , this is strictly a self generated error as far as i can determine , but it will not let me update from within the software , nor will it stop the error even after manually installing the software and driver ..........

The printer itself seems to function fine with the exception of it shuts off after a period of inactivity (a hour or so) , not sure if its supposed to do this or not , but i can't find anywhere to disable that feature so it is "on/stand-by" all the time , as even when manually installing the driver , it can't locate the printer unless its turned on manually at the button to allow me to continue with the driver/software installation .................. it is off right now , and i never turned it off , it just does it on its own.......................

Any other ideas ?? ............ Thanks  ............ Jim.........

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,165 2,411
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JimDirt,

I read your quick response. Thanks for the update. It is nice to hear from you again.

Does any other computer or device work with this printer correctly? There is more to it than meets the eye.

I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon. 

Thanks and have a blessed week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation