Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This last suggestion of uninstalling all drivers for my HP 5470 printer is what finally fixed the issue.  I followed the steps including those hidden areas where driver may still located.  I also followed steps to  make sure my printer was connecting to my router's WPS.  Although my printer indicated it was already setup via WPS I went  through the motions and did it again.  The steps also recommended not to use WPS PIN if your computer is asking for that.  There were several instances where my computer did ask for WPS pin.  I canceled each time.  I then installed/added the printer using known TCIP address.  I did a test page and PRESTO.....it worked.  I've had this nightmare problem for months.  I lost count how many times I uninstalled and then reinstalled the printer driver.  But it wasn't until I paid special attention to details of uninstalling hidden  areas of driver that  I think finally fixed my problem.  Although I appreciate having found the solution for my windows 10 Toshiba Satellite laptop my other computer being a 2008 MACBOOKPRO never even flinched and has been printing to the same printer without  a glitch for years.  Microsoft needs to do a much better job of allowing uninstall of printer drivers and not having  all these other hidden areas that you have to dig through.  It is so ridiculous.  Thanks to EGW795 for showing the solution.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.