Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@marg13

Please try creating a new user account and try to install the printer on that -

1. Tap the Windows icon.
2. Select Settings.
3. Tap Accounts.
4. Select Family & other users.
5. Tap "Add someone else to this PC."
6. Select "I don't have this person's sign-in information."
7. Select "Add a user without a Microsoft account."
8. Enter a username, type the account's password twice, enter a clue and select Next.
9. Tap the Windows icon.
10. Select the User icon at the upper left corner of the Start menu.
11. Select the new user. You'll then sign into your account with your password from step 8.

Once the account is created, try adding the printer using the IP address. 

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

before I add the new account:

in device manager

under "printer" - HP ENVY 4520 series

Under "print queues" - HPFF007C (HP ENVY 4520 series)

under "WSD Print Providers:" - HPFF007C (HP ENVY 4520 series)

under  "wd Drive Management devices" - WD SES Devise

also what is a root print queue - it is under printer queues 

HP Recommended

I have to grocery shop so will add new account after that and lunch - it is 10;15 am here.

Thanks for your patience.

marg13

HP Recommended

Sure @marg13

Keep me posted. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I added an account to my computer. After I tried to access it - I seemed to lose my own account and with it lost contact with every thing on my computer. I have reset my email account and my Microsoft account and some things began to look familiar again. I need to get my Chrome browser set up and then I can resume breathing.

Will carry on and keep in touch.

marg13

HP Recommended

@marg13

Thanks for keeping us posted

Drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Last night I got my computer back as it was before. Very relieved as I had some reports on there that I did in December for a group I belong to and I still needed to send them to the National Organization. I will copy them to a stick and also to my external hard drive that I use for my photo program of about 7000 family photos from 1918 to now.

I am currently using my administrator account. I had set up a second account at the suggestion of Asmita6658 to solve very stubborn Printer issues by using that account for handling my printer. My printer works properly from my husbands Mac Book. 

Do you have any suggestions about the possibility that my printer can be set up under the new account and will shed it's long standing issues with no color and antiquated double sided procedure to print double sided. Why did I loose most of my content while using that account?

I am frankly leery of proceeding.

marg13

HP Recommended

@marg13

Appreciate you trying the steps. I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding this, they should be able to help. a

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.