Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

it did not work with me unfortunitaly. i removed all the HP content except HP print and scan doctor. 

any other solution!!!

@djrp wrote:

Greenturtle,

Finally resolved the problem...(:o)

I was able to chat today with the right person in Microsoft.  He's not in the technical support department but have the same issue with his PC before.  He just told me what he did, I did the same way, problem solved!

First, thanks for your advise, RE:  Download the full feature of HP Officejet Pro 8620 (162MB Rel. 12/06/15.  I initially SAVED it (ONLY) to my desktop from the HP web - for later use.

Here's the summary of the steps that finally lead resolving my problem:

1)  Start => Settings => Devices => ...click and REMOVE DEVICE:  a) HP Officejet Pro 8620 and, b) Null Fax Printer

2)  Unistalled all the components of Officejet Pro 8620 in the following order

HP Update

Product Imporvement...

Officejet Pro 8620 Help

HP Officejet Pro 8620 Basic Device Software

I.R.I.S. OCR

3)  Right clicked the Start button => Clicked DEVICE MANAGER => (under my PC's) Printers => ....clicked to highlight the Null Fax => Action pull down menu => UNINSTALL

4)  Restarted my PC

5) Installed the downloaded/saved full feature of the HP printer (162 MB, Rel date, 12/06/15)

6)  Restarted again my PC, checked the DEVICE MANAGER (from right clicked start selection) - NULL FAX is gone!, checked the DEVICES from SETTINGS (Start => Settings), No NULL FAX this time - AND -the correct HP Fax printer is now installed!

7) I went ahead and check for updates, my PC is now updated, no errors appeared.

Hope this helps anyone who are in the same scenario as mine.......

@djrp wrote:

Greenturtle,

Finally resolved the problem...(:o)

I was able to chat today with the right person in Microsoft.  He's not in the technical support department but have the same issue with his PC before.  He just told me what he did, I did the same way, problem solved!

First, thanks for your advise, RE:  Download the full feature of HP Officejet Pro 8620 (162MB Rel. 12/06/15.  I initially SAVED it (ONLY) to my desktop from the HP web - for later use.

Here's the summary of the steps that finally lead resolving my problem:

1)  Start => Settings => Devices => ...click and REMOVE DEVICE:  a) HP Officejet Pro 8620 and, b) Null Fax Printer

2)  Unistalled all the components of Officejet Pro 8620 in the following order

HP Update

Product Imporvement...

Officejet Pro 8620 Help

HP Officejet Pro 8620 Basic Device Software

I.R.I.S. OCR

3)  Right clicked the Start button => Clicked DEVICE MANAGER => (under my PC's) Printers => ....clicked to highlight the Null Fax => Action pull down menu => UNINSTALL

4)  Restarted my PC

5) Installed the downloaded/saved full feature of the HP printer (162 MB, Rel date, 12/06/15)

6)  Restarted again my PC, checked the DEVICE MANAGER (from right clicked start selection) - NULL FAX is gone!, checked the DEVICES from SETTINGS (Start => Settings), No NULL FAX this time - AND -the correct HP Fax printer is now installed!

7) I went ahead and check for updates, my PC is now updated, no errors appeared.

Hope this helps anyone who are in the same scenario as mine.......

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.