Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EVNY 5055
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just had my wireless router replaced and printer (HP ENVY 5055)  is not connecting.  The printer finds the wireless router and I can select it to connect. It shows "connecting..." for about a good minute to 2 minutes then pops up with the msg "Unable to connect to the network. Touch "Retry" to connect again.".  I have tried by resetting the network settings, unplugging the printer to reset it... all to no avail.  Also, it allowed me to enter the password for the network the first time I tried to connect but now it doesn't prompt for it and just goes straight to trying to connect even after resetting the network settings to defaults.   Didn't have any problems connecting it to my first router but this one is giving me fits!     Thanks for any help you can give. 

I didn't want to leave this out here without a solution. I hate to look for a solution to a problem only to find someone else who had it, posted a question about it but it was never resolved. Anyway, the way I ended up getting the printer connected was by enabling WPS (Wireless Protected Setup) on the router and using that option on the printer to connect and it worked! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Rip52

Welcome to HP support community.

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer, which are particular for your printer model. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I also have the HP ENVY 5055 and my printer was working fine until my wireless router briefly lost power. I regained wifi within minutes, but the printer wireless signal just keeps flashing and it is "offline". I have tried wireless set-up wizard and wifi-protected set-up. I also tried to restore the factory settings, but it still will not connect to my wireless router. I never had this issue before & would appreciate any help. Note: I cannot use the code method because my wireless router was originally set- up on a PC that is no longer in use. I appreciate the help. This is the wrong week to lose my printer! Thank you,

HP Recommended

Hey AMSJ2017,  I would recommend creating a new post instead of adding a reply to this one. I'm not sure if anyone that can help you will see it otherwise. 

I'm not sure what you mean by the code method or why you wouldn't be able to use it because of how it was originally setup. Are you not able to remote into your router to change the settings? Either way I will try to send you a private message that may help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.