Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After an update of Windows 10, Not all options of the driver of my printer work anymore.

So in most cases a reinstall of the driver & software would do the trick.

But when I try to remove the software (version 33.1.73.49987), I'm getting the windows installer message "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" The file it's missing is "OJ683x64.msi". I allready searched my entire harddrive, but it's not here anymore.

I guess Windows misplaced/removed something during the upgrade.

I also tried to just put the newest drivers on it, but then I starts by trying to remove the old drivers and the same error occurs. I even tried to fool the program by pointing to the location of the new driver, but doesn't work either.

So, I'm searching for either a trick (tool) to remove the old software, or the version 33.1.73.49987 installer of the Officejet 6830 software, since I probably would be able to remove the software with it.

Idea's?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Like I allready stated, uninstalling doesn't work, what is why I created this post.

Fortunately I have found a solution myself.

I found some shady site that hosted the old version of this driver. (I don't recomend doing this for anybody else, since you don't know if it's infected by a virus)

I started the installation and went to my TEMP folder. In there, I found the unpacked updater.

I canceled the installation and started the uninstall.

On the question for the source of the files I pointed to the location in my temp folder and the uninstall was able to complete.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Henk78, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Perform a root level uninstallation of print drivers and then try to reinstall them. Follow the steps below:

1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2) Select your HP Printer 

3) Select Uninstall 

4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 

6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 

7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 

😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab 

9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10) Select Ok 

11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12) Close Devices and Printers.

Once the uninstallation is complete, you can download and install the latest software from here.

Refer to this document HP Printers - Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows) for help.

Let me know the outcome.

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Like I allready stated, uninstalling doesn't work, what is why I created this post.

Fortunately I have found a solution myself.

I found some shady site that hosted the old version of this driver. (I don't recomend doing this for anybody else, since you don't know if it's infected by a virus)

I started the installation and went to my TEMP folder. In there, I found the unpacked updater.

I canceled the installation and started the uninstall.

On the question for the source of the files I pointed to the location in my temp folder and the uninstall was able to complete.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Can you tell me where you found that missing version of OJ683x64.msi? I'm willing to take the chance in hope that my antivirus will protect me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.