Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4512 PRINTER

Printer stopped printing from computer. All connections were connected. In the process of resetting the printer, I was asked for a password. Don't have it need it to complete daily reports.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@seaside72

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you need to reset the printer as it isn't connecting to the network,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you reset the internet connection or change the router?

While you respond to that, here are a few things you should know about:

● The wireless network is set up and working properly.

● The printer and the computers that use the printer are on the same network (subnet). While connecting the printer, you might be prompted to enter the wireless network name (SSID) and a wireless password.

● The wireless network name is the name of your wireless network.

● The wireless password prevents other people from connecting to your wireless network without your permission.

Depending on the level of security required, your wireless network might use either a WPA passphrase or WEP key. If you have not changed the network name or the security passkey since setting up your wireless network, you can sometimes find them on the back or side of the wireless router.

If you cannot find the network name or the security password or cannot remember this information, see the documentation provided with your computer or with the wireless router. If you still cannot find this information, contact your network administrator or the person who set up the wireless network.

Click here to access your printer user guide for more instructions,

I would advise connecting the printer via USB and then switch to wireless to resolve the issue as this isn't an issue with the printer but the network installation.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.