Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Goodmorning

i have a problem with the printer envy 7640 on win 10 pro x64

i have another laptop with win 10 home x64 and the printer doesn't have any problem with her driver e print normally; but in my system with win 10 pro x64, the printer, with the same driver, won't print the page test and other document like .doc, .docx ecc.. it prints only pdf and jpeg

i had another printer hp with the same problem and i thinked that was the printer (officejet 4640) broken but, now, with that envy 7640 i have the same problem

how do i do for fix this probelm?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

DavidSMP thanks for your support,

i have tried your solution, that i have finded in other hp's post but it doesnt worked for me , fortunately i've finded the solution.

For all people that has the same problem on win 10 pro x64..the solution at the problem is to check the user permission (write and read) for the directory %temp%

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @antonio10,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums After reading your post I see that you require assistance regarding issues with printing from the computer. It will be a delight to assist you here.:)

Superb analysis and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. 🙂 Kudos to you on that score. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen after a software or Windows update?
  • Did you try to uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers?
  • Did you try to run HP print and scan doctor on the affected computer?

For a start please try these steps:

Please run the HP print and scan doctor from this link: http://hp.care/2syjvp6;

and check if the issue gets resolved.

If it does not, then please uninstall the printer drivers by following these steps:

• Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)
  • Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)
  • Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top.
  • Click on print server properties.
  • You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there if any.
  • Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.
  • Restart the PC.
  • Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box,
  • Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.
  • It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).
  • If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.
  • Ignore the Regedit option if it cannot be done.
  • Restart the PC again.

Then download the latest full feature driver from http://hp.care/2tt9z1h and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.

Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.

This should do the trick for you.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

DavidSMP thanks for your support,

i have tried your solution, that i have finded in other hp's post but it doesnt worked for me , fortunately i've finded the solution.

For all people that has the same problem on win 10 pro x64..the solution at the problem is to check the user permission (write and read) for the directory %temp%

HP Recommended

Hi @antonio10,

I reviewed the post. Brilliant job and great effort to get it resolved. You've done great here. Kudos to you for a job well done.

It was also magnanimous on your part to share this information on HP forums that will assist several others to fix the issue. I thank you greatly for sharing this vital piece of information.

Trust me I've done all I can to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you.:) I hope the product works great and stays healthy for a long time.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a beautiful year ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

What does “user permission...” mean and how do I find that?  I have been having troubles with my HP envy 7640 since I purchased a new laptop with windows 10 on it. I have been unable to print wirelessly to the printer for months. I can print to it from any mobile device that I have, but not from my new windows 10 PC. I have tried several things to remedy the situation, including deleting the driver and software completely. Plus several other things that have been noted here on HP discussion groups. I continually get a response when I try to print that my  printer needs attention and no further explanation. Can someone please help me? 

HP Recommended

Since the latest windows update my printer, HP ENVY 7640 will not print.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled over a dozen times with no results.  New drivers, new software and firmware, etc., etc.   Am ready to throw printer out the window, and my HP ENVY  Pavilion is not far behind.  Think I need to take an extended break from anything HP.  No one seems to take the least bit of interest in helping me to solve my problems with this equipment.  I have a ticket number, but who do I call to act on it?  

HP Recommended

Hi there. Not sure if this will help. Is your printer set up as wireless? I had a problem wherein the printer's port was being assigned as a WP port. Changing the port configuration to a TCP/IP port solved my problem. Hope that helps

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.