Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (90 Views)

Scan to Computer icon has disappeard from printer shortcut on my desktop

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HPOfficejetPro8600 Plus
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I keep a shortcut for the printer on my desktop and it contains various shortcuts, see what's printing, customize your printer, etc.

The scan to computer icon is also there except it has gone missing.

While we were finishing up scanning some docs with one to go, we noticed the icon was gone.

We have two profiles on this computer and the icon is gone in both.

I tried the print and scan Dr. and i could get it to scan so i know the scanner works.

The printer downloaded an update before this happened. don't know if there's a connection or not, just trying to give an overall picture of events.

Can someone advise me as to how I can restore this icon?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (61 Views)

Re: Scan to Computer icon has disappeard from printer shortcut on my desktop

Hi,

Is the printer installed and connected to the specific PC via USB or through the network?

The Manage Scan to Computer option should only be shown for a network connected device.

Open the Tools / Utilities tab, can you see an Update IP Address option listed or not? please just let me know if the option is shown or not, do not try changing any of its settings..

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution Smiley Happy
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (44 Views)

Re: Scan to Computer icon has disappeard from printer shortcut on my desktop

yes, the printerr is connected (wireless) to a specific computer through the network. yes there is an option for updating IP address.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation