Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

When I use the 'Scan-to-computer' option on my HP Officejet Pro 8600, the pdf is sent to my computer always in 'Letter' format. I'm unable to change this to A4...

Current drivers install "HP Smart" as printer application. Scans initiated by "HP Smart" can be configured to result in A4 pdf's, but these settings don't seem to affect scan-to-computer...

I think 'old' drivers used to include "HP Scan", which affected the default scan settings, but I can't find any installer for "HP Scan"

I did find "HP Scan & Capture" in the windos store, but setting A4 there also doesn't impact default scan-to-computer settings...

=> I currently have no way to configure scan-to-computer to create A4-pdf's instead of Letter-pdf's... Anyone who can solve this will be my hero 😉

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @megakuku – Hope you are well 🙂

Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I see that you are facing issues while scanning from the printer to the PC. I’d suggest you perform a clean install to try and fix this issue. This will install the old “HP Scan” software on your PC. Here are the steps:

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click on http://hp.care/2oWu6bp download and install the printer drivers.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
  • Restart the PC & the printer once done and then try scanning.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @megakuku – Hope you are well 🙂

Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I see that you are facing issues while scanning from the printer to the PC. I’d suggest you perform a clean install to try and fix this issue. This will install the old “HP Scan” software on your PC. Here are the steps:

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click on http://hp.care/2oWu6bp download and install the printer drivers.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
  • Restart the PC & the printer once done and then try scanning.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

That fixed it!

It looks like uninstalling the HP software from  "Control panel > Uninstall a program" was the missing key.

HP Recommended

Hello, @megakuku

Thanks for the update & Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue 🙂

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you also have a great day and even better tomorrow 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.