04-05-2019 06:21 AM
Hi, I'm using an HP LaserJet M1132 on Windows 7
This morning, for the first time, I begun scanning some paper documents printing them without problems. After done, in the evening, I tried to scan other things but that time, the scan begun creating white sheets instead of copes (the scan works and runs, I also tryed to add more contrast on copies, but it produces just white sheets with a small line of black ink at the bottom of the page)
I tried to print some pages from the laptop, and it worked, so it's not the toner.
I tried to scan on my notebook creating an jpg image, whitout printing, but the image of the scan was a white image... so I thinks the problem is the scan unit itself.
The printer however doesn't give any error messages and after this morning (when the scan worked) I didn't install or change any settings (both in the LaserJet printer and my HP notebook where the printer is installed).
I'm under insurance because I've bought the product a week ago. The printer is new and has been used very few times.
04-06-2019 11:12 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Does this happen while copying too?
Let's try to reset the Printer here:
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Also, try connecting the Printer to a different wall outlet directly.
If the issue persists, please perform the remaining steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-laserjet-pro-m1132-multifunction-printer-series/3965842/mode...
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee