Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp inkjet 8610
iOS

I need to send multiple documents as one attachment in a mobile fax. I have all the documents scanned yet I am not able to send them out all of them at once. It’s a 29 page fax. I am not able to send an email attachment as a folder either.not sure how to resolve the issue. Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Dontlook, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I assume that you're using the HP Smart App to fax. Try the following troubleshooting tips when fax fails to send-

• Look for an error and solution in the HP Smart app. Check the HP Smart app for a notification  or error message, and then follow the instructions to resolve the error.

• Make sure the fax number you dialed is correct and the recipient is ready for your fax. A fax might fail because the recipient fax machine is busy, offline, or no longer in use.

• Try again. Temporary disruptions in internet service or the phone system might cause your fax to fail.

If the issue persists, remove and add the HP Smart App on your mobile device. 

Also, Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

Refer to the document Send Faxes with the HP Smart App for additional help.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

you need to save the file to your phone  as a PDF and once you save to the phone they you simple attach file from the phone and add a cover sheet if you want one.

HP Recommended

He wants to send his pages in one file.  He needs to save all the  pages  a PDF and then attach it. Read what he ask again. 

HP Recommended

Hi Dontlook,

You can refer to the following page for more details:

HP Smart - Send Faxes with the HP Smart App: https://support.hp.com/sg-en/document/c06432978

Step 2: Send a fax:

5. Scan the item you want to fax using your printer or mobile device camera, or attach a supported file.
             Attach a document or photo: Tap the Files & Photos icon , navigate to a folder on your mobile device, cloud storage,
             or  social media account, sign in if necessary, and then select a file.

Hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.