Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 8 (253 Views)

Set up of HP Envy 5540 on Mac Air

Product Name: HP ENVY 5540 All-in-One Printer series

My printer was working fine, stopped working we reset the rpinter and now can't get it to print on my mac book air, I ahve been through full troubleshooting wiht Apple and nothing has worked, I ahve downloaded the HP startup software and still the Mac can't detect the printer and it isn't showing in any add new printer lists.

Any assistance will be much appreciated as many hours have now been spent tryign to sort this out.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 8 (225 Views)

Re: Set up of HP Envy 5540 on Mac Air

Hi @FlossyAnn,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that you are having issues printing from your Mac computer.

I'll be glad to help you :)

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the printer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2CYCj3v

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Good day! Take care :)

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 8 (209 Views)

Hi I followed the instructions and it dosen't show any printers in the list for adding

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 8 (195 Views)

Hi @FlossyAnn,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I recommend you download and install the driver from the below link and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2CY8K24

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 5 of 8 (185 Views)

I have doen this and it isn't discovering teh printer I have followed all tehinstructions and troubleshooting it is driving me mad now as I have been using the printer for months 

HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 8 (183 Views)

Hi @FlossyAnn,

Let me know the Mac version you are using on the computer?

If you are using Mac 10.13, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05737475

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 7 of 8 (156 Views)

Hi 

I am uisng OS 10.12.6 and there are no updates waiitng, I have tried teh download you suggested and still not worked.

HP Support Agent
Message 8 of 8 (137 Views)

Hi @FlossyAnn,

It looks like you were interacting with @mohamed Mansoor but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out.

I'm the Raj1988 & I'm at your service.

I reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and here's what I recommend:

Try doing a complete uninstall and install the drivers.

The HP Uninstaller is a software application that is installed during the initial printer software installation.

1. Click Finder in the Dock.

2. In the menu bar, click Go, click Applications, and then open the HP or Hewlett Packard folder.

• If HP Uninstaller is in the folder, double-click it, and then follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the software.

• If HP Uninstaller is not in the folder, continue to the next step.

3. Click and drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon in the Dock.

4. In the menu bar, click Go, click Go to Folder, type /Library/Printers, then click Go.

The Printers folder opens.

5. Click and drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon in the Dock.

6. Restart the Mac.

7. Right-click or Ctrl + click the Trash icon, and then select Empty Trash.

Click here and download the drivers.

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve. Said that, if I have helped you resolve the issue.

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution'

Have a great day Ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation