Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Color Laserjet Pro M278-M281
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I have just taken delivery of a replacement printer for a faulty machine - still in warranty.  How best to proceed with the setup on Mac computer? 

Should I delete the HP Easy Start and Easy Scan software and download a fresh package of software ( as if a new printer) 

Or will the replacement work with the original software I downloaded six months ago? 

Your suggestions much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JohnKC, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To assist you better, what is the exact model of HP printer you are using?

Refer to this document to know how to find the Product Name or Product Number.

You need not reinstall the software if it is the same model printer as before.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar0307

Many thanks for your reply.  It was  a direct replacement for a Color Laserjet MFP M280nw - Product No T6B80 -69001

I did download the software again as I could not get the replacement to complete its setup routine properly. 

It now seems to be working OK  -though I keep getting  a pop-up  asking me to authenticate the toners that I transferred from the original machine- but with no follow up of how to do it.  I just keep clicking it off. What should I do to lose it altogether? 

Many thanks 

HP Recommended

@JohnKC

To check the authenticity of a toner cartridge, either use a QR code app to scan the QR code on the toner cartridge box, or go to hp.com/go/ok, type the toner cartridge serial number, and then click Verify.

You may also download this software to authenticate the ink toner.

Let me know how it goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.