Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Solved - I tried removing and reinstalling the ...Basic Device Software, both the  current and previous version and also the driver but that didn't solve the problem. Then I ran HP Print and Scan Doctor which reported that a problem had been cleared and did a trial scan which was fine. I then tried HP Smart again and the problem had disappeared.

HP Recommended

Jimboba1,

HOORAY!  You gave me the fix. I signed in with the little person in the upper right of the scan page and I no longer get the error and I can add pages as well. Thank you! Shame, shame, shame on HP for not broadcasting this fix. They monitor my usage for ink--they could darn well let us know of a fix for this issue. How easy that would have been or even to post on the hp community board. Sour customers are not good for business!  Thanks again for your solution. 

SusieQ

HP Recommended

Hopefully HP will sort this out in the next software update.:generic:

HP Recommended

@jimboba1 wrote:

I also have the same problem. However, I clicked on the little person icon (in the upper right corner) and noticed that I wasn't logged into HP Connect. I went ahead and logged in and then tried scanning again. The Smart Tasks error message went away and everything is now working as before. This solved it for me, hopefully, it will for others.

As a message to HP, I don't think you should have to be logged into HP Connect for the application to work correctly.

Wow. You've gotta be kidding me. An update or something required everyone to specifically log into their scanning app, and their answer for everyone was reinstall drivers. 😞 Thanks so much Jim!

HP Recommended

Thanks Kristof!

This worked for me!

HP Recommended

If you are having problems with the HP Smart app the new feature Smart Tasks

A new version of HP Smart has been released and uploaded to the Microsoft Store.

This version has fixes in for Smart Task problems.

To update the App

On the taskbar, select the Microsoft Store icon.
If you don't see the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar, it might have been unpinned. To pin it, select the Start button, type Microsoft Store, select Microsoft Store , then choose More > Pin to taskbar .
Select More > Downloads and updates, and choose the Get updates button.

If you need more info on updating Windows Store apps please chack out this link

JonW

I work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.