Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 3630
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hi, I want to buy a HP 3630 for home use,  however I use an IMac running OS Sierra.  As newer Imac's dont have an optical drive  I wont be able to use any software installation discs that are supplied with the printer.  

Is the software installation available as a download or is there any way that I will be able to connect and run the printer without it ?

Thanks  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @ARW-59 – Hope you are well 🙂

Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I understand that you are planning to purchase the Deskjet 3630 printer and is worried about installing the printer drivers on your MAC.

Do not worry, you can easily download and install the drivers from here: http://hp.care/2oNKFYm

This is the exact same software which is supplied via CD.

Also, you can find more useful documents and manuals for your new printer here: HP DeskJet 3630 All-in-One Printer series

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello, @ARW-59 – Hope you are well 🙂

Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I understand that you are planning to purchase the Deskjet 3630 printer and is worried about installing the printer drivers on your MAC.

Do not worry, you can easily download and install the drivers from here: http://hp.care/2oNKFYm

This is the exact same software which is supplied via CD.

Also, you can find more useful documents and manuals for your new printer here: HP DeskJet 3630 All-in-One Printer series

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help,  this has helped me to make my mind up to buy the HP 360 for my home use.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.