08-29-2017 12:19 PM
I have two Officeject 8610 printers. I recently purchased a Envy 750-41 desktop, the operating system is Windows 10 64bit. I have been unable to to download the driver. One printer is connect via wireless network. When installing the software for the wirless printer, the software reaches the screen "Network Printer Installation" and stay there with the status bar running for hours. The other printer is connected via USB cable. When attempting to install the software for this printer the software indicates "Connect the USB Cable" and will not go byond this screen.
I tried Scan Doctor, but reach the same point for both printers.
08-31-2017 01:24 PM
Thanks for the post.
I understand that you are unable to configure the printer on your computer over wireless, is that right?
Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you.
Are you able to make a copy on the printer?
Are you using a dual band router?
Note: HP Printers do not work or connect to 5Ghz networks. If you are using a dual band router, please give different names to 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz networks and connect the printer to the 2.4Ghz network.
As the computer is new, request you make sure all the Windows updates are installed.
Run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated. Click here for assistance in using HPSA.
Request you uninstall the printer software and settings from your computer by following the procedure mentioned below.
Restart your computer after uninstall and clearing the temp files.
Download and install the latest printer software from www.hp.com/drivers
- Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)
- Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)
- Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top.
- Click on print server properties.
- You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.
- Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.
- Restart the PC.
- Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box,
- Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.
- It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files, ignore them).
- If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.
- Restart the PC again.
- Download the latest full feature driver from www.hp.com/drivers and install it on the computer.
- Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.
Let me know if this helped.
I am an HP Employee