Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Solution Center
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use Solution Center several times a week to scan documents. Today the product would not open up. When I tried, the main screen would show for an instant and then go away and the computer would "Ding". I uninstalled the product and reinstalled from the web. Installation seemed to go fine and my HP Solution Center icon appeared. However when I attempt to start the application the computer "Dings" and nothing happens.  As a side note I have been on Windows 10 for a couple of months.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the forum.

Try this solution:

1. Enter "View Installed Updates" in the Windows search bar.  It will show an option in the Control Panel.

1. Click on the shown option.

1. Select the "Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3132372)" and an Uninstall option will appear next to the Organize dropdown.

1. Click on Uninstall and work through any prompts.

1. Once uninstalled, the HP Solution Center should work.

Hope that helps.

Please click the “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem and “Kudos Thumbs up”  as an encouragement.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try this solution:

1. Enter "View Installed Updates" in the Windows search bar.  It will show an option in the Control Panel.

1. Click on the shown option.

1. Select the "Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3132372)" and an Uninstall option will appear next to the Organize dropdown.

1. Click on Uninstall and work through any prompts.

1. Once uninstalled, the HP Solution Center should work.

Hope that helps.

Please click the “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem and “Kudos Thumbs up”  as an encouragement.

HP Recommended

Thanks, this worked. Now back to work!!!!

HP Recommended

Great this worked! thanks very much.

By the way I was looking for "accept this solution" to click on it but it was not obvious where to click.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please find the following relevant video that shows you how to "Uninstall Windows 10 updates" and also to "Hide updates" to prevent Windows from installing the update in future!

Windows 10 - How to Uninstall & Hide updates

https://goo.gl/3tWxyA

Hope that helps!

Please click the “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem and “Kudos Thumbs up”  as an encouragement

HP Recommended

Hi there,

The best solution for the Windows 10 Flash application failure that some people are seeing following Microsoft’s patch (KB 3132372) that was published around the end of 2015 (December 29th)

Run Windows Update (Settings, Update and Security) and check that the update KB3133431 is installed

If you are unclear if the update has been installed

1. Enter "View Installed Updates" in the Windows search bar. It will show an option in the Control Panel.
  2. Click on the shown option.
  3. Scroll down and check if "Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3133431)" is installed if not run Windows update

I hope this helps

JonW

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Hello. I have a problem with the printer officejet J5780. Suddenly, perhaps after a Windows 10 upgrade, the HP Solution Center application has stopped working. Following the care tips I uninstalled and unloaded several times, and with all the steps, the complete software, but to no avail. Clicking on the icon of the app, the message that can not be performed because the installation was not complete. In fact, during the installation of the software a message warns that the bing bar is not installed because it is incompatible with the version of windows computer (win 10 pro). At that point, the configuration starts, but after several minutes is interrupted, it appears the fatal error message and the software is uninstalled automatically. I feel that my computer does not have Microsoft Security Update for Windows (KB3132372). There is a solution to this problem? Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi @maydam,

You can find the solution here :

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/HP-Solution-Center-Fails-to-launch-cannot-open-SOLUTION...

Please find the following relevant video that shows you how to "Uninstall Windows 10 updates" and also to "Hide updates" to prevent Windows from installing the update in future!

Windows 10 - How to Uninstall & Hide updates

https://goo.gl/3tWxyA

Hope that helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.