06-18-2019 08:45 AM
When replacing an ink cartridge, I was offered the opportunity to uograde the printer's software. I downloaded the file, but when I ran it, it told me to connect the printer using a USB cable, despite the fact that the printer was already connected and working! It wouldn't allow me to do anything else. I tried disconnecting the printer and re-connecting it, but nothing happened. All I could do was to cancel the update.
06-20-2019 11:40 AM - edited 06-20-2019 03:40 PM
Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,
Let's try these steps here:
Let's run HP Print and Scan Doctor -
Click on this link to download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor
If the issue persists, Let's uninstall the printer from the root level and then reinstall it.
- Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
- Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
- Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
- Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
- Now check for issue resolution.
- If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP DeskJet printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
- Please click here to download and install the full feature software for this printer.
- Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation..
Let me know how it goes!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee