Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
designjt 7740
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

We have just purchased an OJP 7740 after the final ADF Failure on our old OJP7612.

I used to have  an icon on my desktop for the 7610 that when clicked, opened and information center giving me items such as ink levels, etc. It also gave me an option to select scan and the ability to turn the scans into pdf output.

I cannot find this software anywhere for our new OJP 7740.

ANYONE?

Even the ability to have the printer scan from the right click options with pdf as the output would be great.

Yes, we have ADOBE pro, etc.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@designjeff

Please download the following  HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One series Full Feature Software and Drivers  and install to your computer

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/OJ7740/OJ7740__Full_WebPack_1976.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@designjeff

Welcome to HP Support Forum. Sounds like you have not installed printer software and drivers to your computer. Please use the CD on the box to install first.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Problem with that is I do not have a cd drive on my mini nic so i am trying to download it from website.

HP Recommended

@designjeff

Please download the following  HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One series Full Feature Software and Drivers  and install to your computer

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/OJ7740/OJ7740__Full_WebPack_1976.exe

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Been there, done that numerous times-- makes no change

HP Recommended

GOT IT!!!  Took patience and re-installing the full feature download all the way thru to the end. Seemed like adding an extra printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.