Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
officejet 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need an external tool or instructions to force the uninstall of my software to fix an issue.  Windows will not uninstall, yields and error 5, and fails.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@FrankZ_123, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps from the link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-instal...(This is a third-party link. Please do not click on any ad, image, download, popup or link or anywhere else as this is a third-party link meant only for viewing information).

Use this link to download and install the new driver. Configure the printer and try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did find the security tab that prevented me from uninstall.  I have uninstalled and re installed the printer and software several times, to no avail.  It is baffling, I can print to the devices.  I can see it in control panel.  The install software and Print Scan Doctor find it but then indicate they cannot talk to it.  I have this same problem on an HP desktop on the network.  Yet my other hp laptop works fine, eliminating concerns about the router (new for Fios a G3100), and the printer I believe.  I have run my registry repair tool and it has not solved the problem.  I think there is a registry error causes by an update on those machines and I  need guidance on what could cause this issue and how to remove the offending registry key so it can be replaced with an new install.

HP Recommended

@FrankZ_123

If the issue persists, I suggest contacting Microsoft support for further assistance with fixing the registry or resolving uninstallation issues.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks I guess... this has been a recurrent issue with this printer.  This is the first time I have not been able to solve the problem.  I cannot believe that Microsoft knows what registry key in your software is blocking the install.  I have repeated said, the software sees it during install when selected, it say cannot connect and the only suggestion is check to see if the printer is connected...REALLY.  It works on three other computers on the network. So it is obviously connected.  When I seek a solution I get instruction on how to fix a USB connection...Extremely helpful.  I and very upset that I have not opportunity to talk talk directly to a tech.  Your virtual agent is useless for anything anyone with half a brain could find if they can read and use a search engine.....This is your software and your Printer,  YOUR Problem not microsoft's.  There has to be someone in your operation who could spend 30 minutes with me to take me through the install and isolate the error so we can fix.  Or at least you should have a scrubber, that can remove any and all traces of the software, not a simple uninstall.  There is a difference.  I wait for someone to step forward and offer some help.  I can print to the printer. So this this is not a hardware issue, or driver issue.  I have used all your downloadable tools to no avail, and I cannot believe you are not kicking me to the curb.

HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.