10-17-2019 12:24 PM
Tapping DONE on touch screen after entering password to connect to wi-fi does not work.
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-20-2019 11:54 AM
@seagoat, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
- Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.
- This printer supports only 2.4GHz network.
Let us try these steps to connect the printer to the wireless network:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
On the printer screen, go to Setup > Wireless > Restore network defaults
Go back to Wireless menu > Wireless setup wizard > Choose your network > Put in the wireless password.
Once the printer is connected to the network, the blue wireless light will become steady from blinking.
For more info on connecting the printer wirelessly, refer to this document.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee