Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Easy... go to your temp folder using Windows Explorer, right-click, Properties, Security Tab and set access for all the user profiles for full access.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem with print jobs giving the error message:  "parameter is incorrect' message."

I spen hours uninstalling & re-installing and trying this-'n-that stuff. But no luck.

Thanks to your clue about permissions, it then dawned on me that I changed the TEMP directory's location to get it out of the Windows subdirectory. So I changed the permissions for the new Temp directory's location and can now print.

I appreciate your posting back about this.

Howie The TekHead
HP Recommended

This helped me also...more detail:

Start , run   

%temp%   

Hit  <Enter>

Navigate up one folder

Right-click the temp folder and choose properties then security tab

Click the edit button to change the permissions

add 'everyone' and hit <OK>

click full control and <OK> way out.

HP Recommended

This solution actually helped me, unsure if giving the HP folder only as this was my first attempt granting everyone permission to all, as I had to go a folder level up from Temp\ and giving everyone all for this to work.

I must say thank you as I was scratching my head, as from mobile device worked, no change was made to the printer settings, and this randomly appeared out of the blue.

Thanks again for sharing this solution, much appreciated )

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.