Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LASERJET P1102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to install the printer driver on my HP Pavilion but it will not work. The printer is the HP LaserJet P1102w. Let's get the driver from the HP page so it should be ok. But even if I try to do my best, it does not fit. There will always be a message saying "This application has been blocked for security reasons, but the administrator has prevented you from running this application ..." I suspect there is a problem with the HP driver. My machine is a win 10.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello

I finally solved the problem, the printer driver installation. I downloaded the HP LaserJer 1100  series driver. I said that the Laserjet P1102w installer is a serious bug. Therefore, it will not be installed. I got the LaserJet 1100 series program unplugged as an administrator. However, it did not appear on the desktop, but it was the in the programsfolder. I opened it there and clicked the HPexe icon and the driver was fully installed.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Tumpelo

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, while installing printer drivers, you get an error message "This application has been blocked for security reasons, but the administrator has prevented you from running this application "

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Have you tried installing drivers on a different PC? 

Were there any hardware/software changes made?

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

Note: Don't connect the USB cable in until prompted during the install.

• Go to your Start menu and under the 'search programs and files' box type CMD.
  • CMD will populate as a search option above, just right click on it and 'run as administrator'.
  • Once CMD (Command Prompt) opens, type net user administrator /active:yes and hit enter.
  • Next, close CMD and restart your computer.
  • When your computer comes on log into the new account that should show. It will be called Administrator and will not have a password on it.
  • If your computer automatically logs into your account after the restart then go to your start menu and click the arrow beside 'shutdown' and choose 'switch user'. Now log into the Administrator account we just unlocked.
  • Under the Administrator account, install the printer software.
  • Test the printer.
  • To turn off the Admin account start back at step 1 and type in net user administrator /active:no.

If the issue persists, it could be a user account issue and I would suggest you create a new user account and reinstall printer drivers from HP Website.

Keep me posted 🙂

Cheers!

HP Recommended
Spoiler

Thanks for the answer. The laser printer was my son first. It worked well on his old laptop. He bought a new PC with win10. When he did not get the installed driver on his computer, he brought the printer to me. I have had the Laserjet 1020. There have been no problems with it. But this Lasejet 1102 driver is a problem with me as well. I know the method you are suggesting, but there is a new problem. CMD will only be displayed for a moment and will be removed immediately from the desktop. Would this solution open the settings and then add a new user and give it admin privileges? Then I did as you advised.

HP Recommended

@Tumpelo

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

Uninstall printer drivers

• Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

To reinstall, click here.

NOTE: Before you complete the installation, try these steps: 

Go to the downloaded folder, right click on the downloaded file and select properties, click Compatibility and then install the drivers. 

Let me know how this goes,

Cheers!

HP Recommended

I'm afraid that in spite of all the good advice, which I have tried to solve the problem, the installation will fail. I have now created a second account as an administrator and downloaded P1102w Laserjet driver. When I click on a downloaded program it will be discharged but nothing will appear on the desktop. I will download it as an administrator. Interestingly, compatibility is win7 not win10. So I find that there is a serious shortage in HP software. I obviously will not succeed ??

HP Recommended

@Tumpelo

Thank you for responding,

Have you tried root level uninstall and reinstall? 

Also, instead of downloading full feature printer drivers, you could try Windows built-in driverhttps://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01796879

Let me know how this goes,

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Hello

I finally solved the problem, the printer driver installation. I downloaded the HP LaserJer 1100  series driver. I said that the Laserjet P1102w installer is a serious bug. Therefore, it will not be installed. I got the LaserJet 1100 series program unplugged as an administrator. However, it did not appear on the desktop, but it was the in the programsfolder. I opened it there and clicked the HPexe icon and the driver was fully installed.

HP Recommended

@Tumpelo

Great news! 🙂

Glad to know that the printer has been installed successfully and hope it remains that way.

I truly appreciate your hard work and patience. 

As @Flower_Bud is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. 

Happy printing!

HP Recommended

Do not work, nothing happens when I right  tap the file

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.