Hi, my printer was working fine until recently when it's Wi-Fi connection wasn't working properly. So I reset it, but now everytime i try to set it up for wireless printing using HP Easy Start, i get stuck on "Verifying the device settings..." for a while, then it says "Canno't find device", even though it was found in the previous page in the setup process on HP Easy Start.
Some more information:
- I'm using a 2.4ghz band Wi-Fi connection
- The blue "wireless" light is blinking
- On the LCD screen, there is a wireless symbol, and beside the wireless symbol there is an exclamation point
Please help me set this printer back up to printng wirelessly :)
Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums.
MKazi is at your service.
I understand that you have an HP Deskjet 2542 All-in-One Printer and it no longer connects to the wireless network. I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting this issue and have certainly done a good job.
During my research, I came across the following steps that should help us in fixing the issue:
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
- Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
- Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
- The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
- Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.
Please perform step 3 and 4 from this HP document to remove and add the printer in the Mac OS: https://hp.care/2JGZUNp
NOTE: Please add the printer as Airprint
I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know how it goes.
Good luck! :)
I managed to fix it on my own. Thanks for your timely response though.
As for one of your collegues...
Could you please add to this case number with HP Support that the person i spoke to on the phone to try and fix my printer, didn't actually try and help me, rather push me to buy a new printer.
Case Number: 5015653494
That phone support is some of the worst I've ever experienced.
I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends).
Response times may vary by region. Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.