Katetoo Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Trying to use old printer (HP OfficeJet 8500A) with new laptop running Office 10

HP OfficeJet 8500A (don't know series #)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop won't allow me to add my HP OfficeJet 8500A to new laptop running Windows 10.  Is there a driver or some sort of instruction.  I've had this printer for quite a while and has served me well.  I'm a believer in "if it ain't broke don't fix it."  But maybe I do?

Thank you for your help!

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
22868 4112 8613
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Trying to use old printer (HP OfficeJet 8500A) with new laptop running Office 10

Hi,

Download and install its latest drivers below:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL32938/mp-109378-3/OJ8500_A910_1315-1.exe

If you may experience any issues be sure to clarify the exact error or behavior.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :)
Katetoo Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Can't thank you enough for giving me the link for drivers to my dear old OLD (workhorse) printer now working perfectly on new laptop running Windows 10.  Just downloaded, installed AND printed!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation