Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (98 Views)

Turn off two-sided printing on Envy 5660 FOREVER

Product Name: Envy 5660
Operating System: macOS 10.13 High Sierra

None of the answers I found in your forum make any sense. They suggest you select # 4 Printer Properties. There is no such choice. Have your experts ever sat down in front of this printer? Or are they just repeating what may work for another product? I am not satisfied with clicking off 2-sided, only have it work un-invited on the next task. I'll never want to use two-sided printing. It worked fine for months until, by some magic, it made this feature the default.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (68 Views)

Re: Turn off two-sided printing on Envy 5660 FOREVER

Hi,
Follow these steps to disable two sided printing:

Open the file you would like to print. From the File menu select Print. The Print window appears.

NOTE: The Print window might be minimized. Click the Show Details button to see all available settings.

Click the settings drop down, it will usually appear as the name of the program (e.g. TextEdit)
Will appear as Copies & Pages within Microsoft Office applications.

Select Layout from the drop-down menu.

Set the Two-Sided option as Off.

You may save the settings as a preset by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset...

By doing so and completing the print job these settings will remain default till another preset will be used in the future.

Regards,
Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :)
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (51 Views)

Re: Turn off two-sided printing on Envy 5660 FOREVER

1. Today a screen appeared that was different from the one I used the last time. It showed an option to turn two-sided printing off. This screen worked well for a few weeks when it suddenly switched to a different lay-out, one that didn't give the option to click on the Copies and Pages drop-down menu. I have no idea whether I did something to change this and now, what caused it to go back to the old one.

2. I followed your instructions and turned off two-sided printing and stayed with the ink-saving choice. However, when I tried to see what happened when I chose color printing, the 2-sided option was on again. I think that is a serious design flaw and this factor and the frustrating correspondence turned me off from HP products. (Your instructions still wouldn't have made sense if my print-screen hadn't change by some miracle (?) to the original version.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation