Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
deskjet 2632
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

hello,

I just bought a deskjet 2632 the other day and I tried to print double-sided through wifi -- but failed, the double side tick box is grey. I tried connect the printer with usb but nothing changed. Then i searched on the internet and installed any possible drive that can be related ( Hewlett-Packard, HPsmart, HP easy start) and spent 4 hours following the instructions again and again but none of them solved anything, the grey box is still a grey box.

I just couldn't help wondering why this product has a 4+/5 star rating on argos if the set-up process is so human unfriendly. I will just try one last time asking for help online before I write an angry review for it.

I have loads lecture notes to print, any help would be greatly appreciated, please. 🙂

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The double side checkbox refers to automatic print duplexing, not a feature available for your printer and therefore it is grayed out.

You may follow below steps to print on both sides of the paper manually by using the Pages to Print setting:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-2600-all-in-one-printer-series/12319824/model/167793...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

The double side checkbox refers to automatic print duplexing, not a feature available for your printer and therefore it is grayed out.

You may follow below steps to print on both sides of the paper manually by using the Pages to Print setting:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-2600-all-in-one-printer-series/12319824/model/167793...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the solution, I will try printing it manually.

(I was not expecting that the printer does not support double side printing when i bought it. I had a different printer before, I could tick double side printing box for that one but i needed to flip the pages over to print both sides, which is not ideal but still more convenient than printing both sides manually......)

best wishes

KN

HP Recommended

I am able to print double side printing on  HP laserjet 1020 plus printer through  my window laptop  but on my macbook pro I am not able to print double side as two sided printing option is greyed out ( off with no option to change)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.