Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet 6500 E709n
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I am trying to install "HP Officejet Full Feature Software and Driver" OJ6500vE709_Full_14.exe to allow me to use scanner and fax functions of printer.

The device installer loads properly but when I run the setup I get an error saying that my computer does not have required USB drivers to enable the setup.   This happens whether I choose network installation or USB installation.  Computer is an HP Elitebook 850 that does actually have functional USB ports--so presumably had functional drivers...

Anyway can someone help me find the requisite USB drivers or an installation program that works without them?

Thanks for time and attention

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,
Click the Start button and type %temp% into the search bar, then open the shown Temp folder.

Open the latest HP installation folder which begins with 7z (e.g. 7zs1234)
Open the Setup folder.
Locate the usbready.exe file and rename it into usbready.old.exe
Browse back to the main extraction folder (the folders who starts with 7z) and launch the Setup.exe file.

Now follow the installation and check for any difference.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,
Click the Start button and type %temp% into the search bar, then open the shown Temp folder.

Open the latest HP installation folder which begins with 7z (e.g. 7zs1234)
Open the Setup folder.
Locate the usbready.exe file and rename it into usbready.old.exe
Browse back to the main extraction folder (the folders who starts with 7z) and launch the Setup.exe file.

Now follow the installation and check for any difference.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Worked great!  Thanks.  Wish I'd used this service months ago...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.