09-17-2019 07:35 AM
While attempting to add another printer, I reset and deleted my existing HP3545 printer on my MAC. Now when I try and add this printer back on, it gives me following errors:
1) If I attempt adding as AirPrint, it says " An error occurred while trying to add the selected device. client-error-request-value-too-long
2) If attempted as the printer itself, there error is "Cant Install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server"
I have tried resetting printer, wifi and my Mac printer settings, checked all software updates but to no avail. The only one thing I had done a few weeks back was deleting the Caches manually on my Mac because it was getting slow. I am not sure if that has anything to do with this error. Not sure if its a HP Printer / driver or a Mac issue.
I have tried pretty much whatever is available on the net with the keywords. Please help!
09-19-2019 11:22 AM
@AbheyT, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
On the printer screen, go to Setup > Network > Restore network defaults
Go to Wireless > Wireless setup wizard > connect the printer to your network
- Make sure the printer and the MAC are connected to the same wireless network.
- This printer supports only 2.4GHz network.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your MAC.
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Also, check for any software updates on MAC
Click here to know how.
Perform a PING test to check the connectivity between the printer and the MAC
- Obtain the IP address of the printer by clicking on the Wireless icon on the printer
- On the MAC Go to Spotlight > search for Network utility > select Ping tab > enter the IP address of the printer in the box
- Check the second box that says Send only > 10 pings
- Click on ping > Check the results at the end if any packets are lost
- Note: There should be 0% packet loss, share the results in your next post
- If 0% loss, you may try adding the printer using Airprint driver.
If the issue persists, Repair a disk using Disk Utility and try again. Refer to this document to know how.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
09-21-2019 03:51 AM - edited 09-21-2019 03:53 AM
I tried all the steps listed but in vain. Even there is 0% packet loss.
Since I couldn't get thru anyone in HP, Have been taking support from Apple care, and they finally said that HP does not have driver updates for this printer which are compatible with OS X Mojave. After discussing with HP they were informed to download generic driver and instal. Per instructions, downloaded v5.1 generic drive released in 2017 however while installing the printer, it still was giving the same error. From there I was asked to get in touch with HP support as they say its an HP issue.
I am unable to get thru a voice in HP and the virtual assistant is of no use on this issue. How do I get thru HP voice support? pl advise as I dont think its getting solved like this.
09-22-2019 07:46 AM - edited 09-22-2019 07:46 AM
To download the driver for HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3545 e-All-in-One Printer from HP Support site for macOS 10.14 Mojave, click here
To install the printer, use AirPrint driver(recommended)
1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.
3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button at the bottom of the list.
4.) Click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.
5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.
6.) Try to print.
To provide you with the right contact information, I need a few details. I have sent you a private message, Kindly check the same.
In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Keep me posted for any other assistance.
I am an HP Employee
09-22-2019 08:19 AM
thanks for the msg; however, The HP3545 link provided asks you to download HP Easy Start & Printer firmware.
1) HP Easystart: I follow the steps, it installs the driver and in the last screen where it asks to add and verify the printer , I get an error message to go back instal the driver. this is after I have received a message that the drivers are installed correctly. PFB screen shots
2) Printer firmware updater offers no updates
I somehow don't seem to have received any private message. I can be reached at email@example.com or +919811811816 to help me troubleshoot.
Look forward to cracking this.
09-24-2019 01:41 AM - last edited on 09-24-2019 08:59 AM by kevin-t
Probably the first time I required HP Support, and here I am at a critical stage of preparing my small business returns and struggling to set up a printer.
HP products are great, but I am extremely disappointed that no one from HP can simply call and troubleshoot this over the phone for once. I have tried almost everything:
- Google has a lot of info, and pretty much what the steps that have been advised on these forums, all of them have been tried
- thinking it is an apple issue because of OS upgrade, Apple care really tried to help but finally said that HP hasn't provided with a compatible upgrade for this. Even generic drivers didn't work.
- Local HP dealer said cannot help, and will need to call HP support
- HP Support mssgd me to call HP Support.
- I have been trying to call HP Support number since morning which disconnects after 1 ring every time. Seems something wrong with their IVR system
This small issue is now getting extremely painful and I have lost a lot of productive hours fixing this. Can someone from HP please HELP? I can be reached at [Personal Information Removed]
09-24-2019 09:20 AM
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
I am an HP Employee