Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610

I am unable to print anything at all. I get error messages telling me that both the computer and printer are not online. I have downloaded and reinstalled printer hardware , numerous times all to no avail. When I do get a print window , this printer is not even listed. I try printing and it asks where I want to save it . Help !!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Codybear

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the printer is offline or doesn't print anything anymore,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Which OS are you using with the printer?

Did you reinstall the driver (hardware) from the CD or the HP Website?

While I await your response, here's what you should know:

A status message of offline or printer offline displays on the computer, and the printer does not print. An Offline status indicates that the computer is not able to communicate with the printer. In some network conditions, the printer might go offline unexpectedly.

Since I don't know if it's windows or MacOS you have, here's the link to both:

HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)

HP Printers - 'Printer Offline' or 'Printer Not Responding' Message (Mac)

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.