Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7855
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I have just purchased the HP ENVY Photo 7855 and I am unable to run Easy Start in order to install the software on my iMac.  I get as far as the page where the software is supposed to be installing, but nothing is happening.  No progress bars are shown & I am unable to either Continue or Cancel.  It just sits there.

If I try to quit, Get the following message:

HP Easy Start is busy

You cannot quit the application during installation. Wait until the installation is completed.

I have moved the original HP EasyStart.app file (dated May 2016, Version 2.4.0) to the Trash, and then I have loaded what is supposed to be the latest version (dated Oct. 9, 2019, version 2.9.0.188).  However, once I install it and look at it on Finder it is still dated May 2016 and is still Version 2.4.0.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Rubia_UK 
Hi and thank you for your return,

The problem should be solved by downloading HP Easy Start on 123.hp.com.

Best regards,

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Rubia_UK 

Hello,

I understand what you are saying, I just tried, and it is possible that HP has been wrong in terms of the direction of the link. 
Because the HP Easy Start version you have is the 2.4.0, so normally the current version should be version 2.9.0. HP Easy Start 2.4.0 is not compatible with the latest versions of Apple macOS.

I invite you to force the closure of HP Easy Start and remove it, then download the version below:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/HP_Easy_Start....

Don't hesitate to ask us if you need us.

Best regards,

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your very quick reply!  Unfortunately, that link did not work either.  The pages & prompts were different, but in the end the process stalled at essentially the same place.  I clicked Install and then the page just hung.  The app version installed by this link is dated Aug 2018, version 2.9.0, while the driver supposedly provided on the HP support page is dated Oct 9 2019, and is version 2.9..0.188.  Given that OS10.15 Catalina has just come out, I do believe that I need that version dated Oct.2019.

Again, thanks so much for your help! 😀

HP Recommended

I agree with Mans that the problem is that the link on the Driver software page in Support is not pointing to the correct driver.  I believe that this is something that needs to be fixed by HP.

HP Recommended

@Rubia_UK 
Hi and thank you for your return,

The problem should be solved by downloading HP Easy Start on 123.hp.com.

Best regards,

HP Recommended

Thank you again, Mans!  This time it worked!  I had originally downloaded the Install from 123.hp.com and that version was the version that didn't work.  It looks like HP has updated the link.

HP Recommended

None of these suggestions works for me on my MFP M277dw. The software hangs at install no matter where I get it from. For Essential Software it says I am up to date with 5.14.6.12, but the version of Easy Start on my Catalina computer is 2.8.0. EasyScan is 1.9.2. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.