Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@IronBadger Updated MacOS to 10.15.3 and installed the full HP software package as you suggested. HP Easy Scan performs the scan, but doesn't output the file - "Send" button is greyed out. Same results as Apple's Image Capture has (or hasn't) been delivering since Catalina - actively reports to and from scanner, but never delivers the goods (writes the file). My 2018 Mac Mini is still under warranty (1-year AppleCare), so I'm going to register a product support request with them. I will post any developments here.

HP Recommended

I feel very discouraged by this whole process. Apple's reputation for offering backwards compatibility for older products is quite good - I own many older Apple products that operate like new. I want to believe that HP has the same expectations for their older products. The hallmark of a successful company is never to reinvent the wheel, and ask users to buy version 2.0. Radically enough, it's to prioritize support for older products because they still work great! If a product with your brand slapped on it still works 20 years from now, and your company is still around, I'm pretty darned likely to be loyal when your older product actually does break. It is bad business to stop supporting older products, thereby making them prematurely obsolete. Much of the psychic energy, dedication and support offered by various technicians may be wasted here. Please, Apple and/or HP, escalate the damned problem!!

HP Recommended

Still not working on HP envy 7640.  HP wants me to use the online printing App HP Smart.  Ridicu;ous that they have not update drivers for their printers.  Still essentially no customer service from HP.  Won't buy another.

HP Recommended

@Cycledoc22 

You are going to have to be more specific on your issue. 

We are promoting HP Smart as our forward thinking solution but if you prefer HP Easy Scan, there have been updated drivers for the Envy 7640 since October of last year.  macOS 10.15.3 fixes an OS related hiccup that affected HP Easy Scan.

You can use HP Easy Start to get the latest version of the full software install for the Envy 7640.  ( I just verified that Easy Start will find the correct software)

HP Easy Start download

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

So I am unsubscribing from this thread now as I am so fed up with HP/Apple not having solved the problem in a robust manner - it clera works with some people and not others including me - so that is the end of my HP relationship - over and out - Your loss HP !!!!!!

HP Recommended

Easy Scan is still my preferred method to scan not that I'm updated to macOS 10.15.3.  But I've kind of got use to HP Easy Start and find it works well also.  Thanks for keeping me up do date on the fix.  I've turned off my subscription for this subject as I'm fixed.

TWEB3161

HP Recommended

Just tried to do a scan, my MacBookPro to was up to date with 10.15.3, and worked like a charm. The scan started from sleep mode with out any issues. thanks #IronBadger

HP Recommended

Solution does not work for scanjet 200.

com.apple.imagecapture error 704.

My post 

HP Recommended

This did NOT fix my scanning problem!

My HP 8600 scans fine with image capture and macOS Catalina 10.15.2 and 10.15.3, no issues at all.

My HP laserjet pro MFP M277 prints fine but the scan interface will not connect to the scanner using Easy Scan or Image capture. It worked in November before I did the OS upgrade but hasn't worked since.

HP Recommended

@Litrbolov 

Due to some unforeseen complications on the ScanJet 200, HP will not be able to support it in macOS Catalina.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.