Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

For me?  No.  I can only scan using an USB connection so far.  I'm going to hope for an update as the printer is plugging away even though it is old.  It is just frustrating as it is a valuable resource that I have to work around now.

HP Recommended
  • I think waiting for HP to issue an update that addresses this issue is futile.  I will being switching brands.  It’s simply unacceptable that when you update you OS, the printer stops working.  I’m done with Hp 
HP Recommended

Not for me either and my HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw also stopped printing. I spent a couple of hours on the phone with HP troubleshooting and doing a NVRAM reset multiple times...no dice. Tech was very helpful and persistent but said nothing else we can do. Offered me 20% off the replacement model and I declined. (note, they have the replacement model at Costco for $299 which is still $30 cheaper than HP direct).

I have thrown in the towel after being a 20+ year HP customer. Purchased a Cannon yesterday for delivery today.

HP Recommended

Do a NVRAM reset, if that doesn't solve make the move, that's what I had to do.

HP Recommended

The next one I buy will require some serious thought as to brand.  Thankfully, I have several other printers/scanners...they just aren't as convenient to use which makes this very annoying.

HP Recommended

I can scan to my computer but I just can't see the image to edit it in the right side imaging pane.

HP Recommended

Sorry @IronBadger !

I took advantage of transferring the message from the last user because here's why:

SCAM Warning - Beware of spammers posting fake support phone numbers in the HP Community

If you find any toll free phone number in messages posted in this Community, do not call that phone number. HP does not provide toll free phone numbers in this Community in response to your questions.

Toll free numbers posted here are an attempt of scammers who have no association with HP to try to access your computer and/or get your money.

Cheers,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

ME TOO

HP Recommended

Personally, I have the same problem and your fix hasn't worked.

I have a Laser Jet Pro M1217mfp nfw and the only way I can get scanning to work is vis USB.

I have checked for a firmware update (none that I can fine - something from 2013)

When trying via the network, I have tried both wireless and with an ethernet cable.

Have tried image capture, opening the scanner from the printers and scanners in the system preferences

I ultimately want to use the adf otherwise, the scanner of the multifunction printer is no longer of use.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

My Colour LAser Jet Pro MFP M377

have the same old problem even after the

update from dec 18, 2019, restarts, reinstall the printer driver....

Incredibly bad
I have had my 377 for three years, during these three years there have been two major MacOS updates and this has meant that it has not been a fully functional multi-printer for over 12 months in total.
When equipment does not work more than 66%, HP should replace it with a working product. No one would buy and accept that a Laptop or mobile phone will not work 100% for so long.
Take your responsibility HP and resolve this before we all change printer supplier ....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.