Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Anyway you can send such a link for a LaserJet Pro M1217mfp nfw????

Frustration is at a high point.  I know it's an old printer but it handles printing still, faxes fine, I just want all of the functions please

Thank you hopefully in advance for your help.

HP Recommended

I had the same issue as OP.  I switched to a different preset and it cleared.  I have a LaserJet Pro MFP M127fw

HP Recommended

Is there an estimated date of release for the fix? For me, HP Easy Scan will only detect and work with the document feeder. Flatbed is no longer a working option.

HP Recommended

I don’t think HP has any plans to issue a driver update that rectifies this serious issue.  I’ve been complaining about this for over a year.  To no avail. They are waiting for apple to address it in a OS update. And that’s unacceptable. I’ll not buy another HP product. 

HP Recommended

I think I agree there are no committed plans to fix this and it effects many different HP models. I have/had two H{ printers and both printed and scanned perfectly fine up until November when I upgraded to macOS Catalina 10.15.2. I then upgraded to 10.15.3 in early Feb and it did nothing for me. Note, it did seem to fix scanning issues for many people as you can see in this thread. I called HP Care and spent a couple of hours troubleshooting and reloading the NVRam multiple times, tried USB or WiFi and the major error code of service error 49 continued to appear. The rep eventually said nothing left for use to do and offered me 20% off a replacement HP printer (which was still more expensive than Costco). I threw in the towel and bought a Cannon from Costco.  

HP Recommended

It's working for me with MacOS 10.5.3 on my scanner (MFP M127fw) for the first time since an update broke the app.  There is one issue - I need to set the preset before using (even to the same value) otherwise I get the error reported above.

I scanned multiple documents yesterday.  It's way better than image capture.  

HP Recommended

This is probably a stupid question....what exactly mean when you say you change the presets?

HP Recommended

Launch EasyScan.  

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 10.12.15 AM.png

Upper left - click on the pulldown on presets (rights side) and set it to a value - even the same value.  

Just tried it again - it scanned without first doing that so who knows. First couple of times I got an error if I didn't make that change.  

FWIW Best I can tell scanners for consumers are a dying business.   Most document scanning I've done lately is using an app on my phone (like Adobe Scan) - I'll never buy another scanner.

Hope that helps. 

HP Recommended

Thank you, I will try that.  Personally I still need a scanner with a feeder that takes a large amount...and where you don’t have to resort the paper to have it sort in correct order (one of my little scanners is that way yet it’s the one that still works the best...non hp)

HP Recommended

Hello,

I still can not use my scanner (HP Scanjet 8270). See the screen capture for details (macOS Catalina 10.15.3 / Image Capture Version 8.0 - 1106)

What can I do?

Thank you.

Screenshot 2020-03-04 at 12.07.3901.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.